We found that, still today in India, women are facing social
discrimination for being illiterate, which causes too much frustration
and failure around them. We are trying to bring them out giving them
professional training and this is how Samvedna Handmade was created. Now
they can earn self-respect and dignity, feeling empowerment they can do
anything not just for themselves but for their family and Society too.
This is what they are deserving for…
The main aim of this program is to enhance the quality of life of women
through increased knowledge and skills. Samvedna Connecting Souls also
realized that merely imparting literacy would not be sufficient, rather
just focusing on education, they need to skill development training to be
employed. Samvedna Handmade was created, then, to provide employment to
the rural women who work as dress designer, tailoring, stitching etc. This
has led to enhance confidence level among them.
What Samvenda Handmade Achieved
• Dedicated to the social & economic upliftment of rural women.
• Has enabled scores of village women to become financially independent
and be one of the earning members of their house.
• Ensuring participation of women from local rural community.
• Making them work with enthusiasm and self-confidence feeling
empowerment and empathy among other women.
• Putting efforts to make them work with objective of continuous
improvement and learning.